Beetroot & Chocolate Cake
Delicious moist chocolate cake with a healthy twist.
- 175g low-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 200g cooked beetroot, puréed
- 200g plain flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 125g apple sauce
- 3 medium eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp icing sugar, sifted, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas 4. Lightly grease a 24cm round, loose-based cake tin with low-fat spread, then base line with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together all the ingredients, except the icing sugar, until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin, bake for 50–55 min or until firm to the touch. Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out on to a cake stand. Dust with icing sugar, slice.
For further details on Preparation Time and Nutrition per serving please visit http://www.healthyfood.co.uk